James Franklin football coach, a 26-year football training veteran, was delegated Penn State’s sixteenth head football trainer on January 11, 2014 and enters his eleventh season as a university head football trainer. Franklin’s professional head training record is 84-43 and is one of just six momentum FBS mentors to lead his group to a bowl game in every one of his initial nine seasons as a lead trainer. Franklin credits his prosperity on the field to the strength of his groups’ commitment to four fundamental beliefs: uplifting outlook, extraordinary hard working attitude, contend in all that you do and should forfeit.
Under Franklin’s course, Penn State has completed in the main 12 in the last College Football Playoff rankings in four of the last five seasons, has acquired billets in three New Year’s Six bowl games with two successes and won the 2016 Big Ten Championship. Franklin has directed the Nittany Lions to a 86 percent graduation achievement rate, an ideal single-year 1,000 APR for the 2018-19 school year and record-breaking exhibitions in the homeroom.
Under Franklin’s direction, Penn State finished in the top 12 in the College .
- Franklin was named the 16th football coach in the history of the Nittany Lion program on January 11, 2014.
- Franklin is one of six current FBS coaches to lead his teams in a bowl game in each of the first nine seasons as head coach.
- Franklin is one of three current Big Ten coaches.
- He has an 84-43 career record, and a winning record in eight of the top ten seasons.
- Franklin led his teams to finish in the Top 3 (3 in Penn State) and six in the Top 25 (2 in Vanderbilt; 4 in Penn State).
- In the last five seasons under Franklin, Penn State is one of six teams to be placed in the top 12 .
- From 2016-19, Franklin led the Nittany Lions to three New Year’s resolutions .
- Franklin’s teams have won two six-year New Year’s games in the third year (2017-19), .
- Penn State placed in the AP Top 25 in 63 consecutive polls .
- From 2016-19, Franklin led Penn State to win 42.
- Franklin has 26 years of training experience at the level of meeting the NFL.
- In his first ten years as head coach, Franklin has mentored 82 players who have advanced to the NFL category.
- Penn State had six players selected for both the 2018 and 2019 NFL .
- Franklin has defended 25 top recruiting classes for the past nine seasons.
- Franklin is second only to win the percentage by head coach of FBS African American.
Nittany lions on the Field:
- The nittany lions published their first 1,000 unmarried-12 months .
- He graduated with a great 4.0 grade-point average in 2020.
- Within the 2020 fall semester, 5 scholar-athletes earned a perfect 4.0 grade-factor .
- A total of 37 nittany lions earned dean’s list honors via posting a 3.5 gpa.
- Within the 2020 spring semester, the nittany lions had 89 squad individuals with at the least a 3.Zero gpa.
- A team of 14 scholar-athletes posted an ideal 4.0 for the 2020 spring semester.
- A application-record 9 nittany lions named 2019-20 big ten distinguished scholars.
- A total of fifty six nittany lions earned a 3.0 gpa .
- Fifty- squad contributors compiled at least a 3.0 gpa within the fall of 2019.
Nittany lions in public:
- The Nittany Lions are active in the community, participating in activities
- On June 15, 2020, Franklin was elected to the Big Ten Equality Coalition.
- As part of the Cotton Bowl celebrations in 2019, Franklin and his family made a $ 10,000 .
- In August 2019, Franklin was appointed honoree of Penn State University .
- In 2017, linebacker Brandon Smith was selected to the Allstate AFCA Good Works team .
- Participating and enthusiastic, Franklin is a well-known speaker and subject of media interviews. He was a guest commentator on ESPN. In 2015, Franklin joined FOX.
- In February 2015, Franklin was the sole head coach of the college.
- Franklin’s recruitment classes over the past five years have ranked at 13.8 .
- The 2020 recruitment phase completed No. 12 according to ESPN.com, No. 14 by Rivals and No. 15 in 247Sports.
- The 2019 category had 247Sports stars with five stars.
- The 3.83 star rating for the 2019 class has been the highest in history. The class was also ranked 5th by the Rivals and the No. 6 class ranked 247Sports.
- In 2018, Penn State recruited three 24-star 247Sports Composite 5 tenants .
- The Nittany Lions re-signed 12 ESPN300 employees in 2018.
- The Nittany Lions led the Big Ten in the downs (223) and were second (430.3).
- At the end of the season Pat Freiermuth was named the Kalick-Clark .
- Despite missing five games for nine Penn State due to a season-ending injury.
- Dotson also spent a year making an average of 24.6 yards per return, a school record.
- Penn State ranked third in the Big Ten in total defense (328.8; 17 nationally), second in defense transfer (198.6; 24th
- Oweh also defends himself at last Shaka Toney.
- Penn State had the emergence of real talented young players.
- Penn State got its third season of 11 wins over the past four years with an 11-2 record, including a No. 17 Memphis win at the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic.
- Penn State posted its fourth straight line straight into the final CFP, coming in at 10 p.m.
- Nittany Lions ranked ninth in the final vote of the Associated Press .
- Franklin was the finalist for the Paul “Bear” Bryant National Coach of the Year award for the second time.
- Nittany Lions ’22 forced errors are the second in the history of the program after the 25th grade .
- The Nittany Lions continued to put in big numbers, ranking 15th in the FBS with a score of 35.8.
- The Penn State Special Forces team made a huge profit in 2019.
- The Nittany Lions sent off their third straight season with at least nine wins in 2018 with a total record of 9-4.
- Penn State finished No. 12 in the CFP final and 17th in the Associated Press and Amway Coaches poll.
- The defense led the Nittany Lions in 2018, finishing in the top 20 in team performance.
- On the offensive side of football, the Nittany Lions posted their highest score (204.9) since 2008 .
- The Nittany Lions had 15 players who collected All-Big Ten all-Big accols,
- Quarterback Trace McSorley took his Penn State career as a yard program manager (9,899).
- Besides, McSorley has set eight season records during his time at Blue & White – passing yards.
James Franklin 2017 season:
- Penn State continued to be among the national champions in 2017, climbed to No. 2 in the ranks and emerged in the sixth round of the Second New Year, earning 35-28 victories at No. 11 Washington in the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl.
- The Nittany Lions got 11 seasons winning back for the fifth time in program history.
- Penn State has spent eight seasons at Associated Press polls and Amway Coaches and 9 in the CFP final.
- The Nittany Lions used a moderate attack on a high scoring charge and a sharp defense to lead FBS.
- In defense, the Nittany Lions were seventh in FBS on average (16.5 ppg) .
- Barkley is only the fifth player since 1924 to win two Silver Football career awards
- Barkley became the first 100 All-American team in program history .
- The Nittany Lions had 18 players who received All-Big Ten accolades.
- McSorley, a former Awful MVP for the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl.
- McSorley broke Penn State’s one-season finishing record (284), total charge (4,061).
- McSorley also became the second player in the history of Big Ten with over 25 .
James Franklin 2016 season:
- Penn kingdom completed the season ranked no. Five within the university football playoff rankings and no. 7 in the related press and amway coaches polls. It became penn kingdom’s greatest finish inside the polls for the reason that 2005.
- The Nittany Lions claimed their fourth typical huge ten championship. In 2016, franklin became commemorated as wearing
- The nittany lions’ +14.Four scoring development in 2016
- Barkley turned into ranked fourth in fbs .
- The Nittany lion completed 7th in fbs in tackles for loss (8.1) and nineteenth in sacks (2.86).
James Franklin 2015 season:
- . Franklin guided the Nittany Lions to a 7-6 record in 2015 and a berth inside the taxslayer bowl.
- Below Franklin’s tutelage, Carl Nassib claimed a trio of countrywide awards .
- Nassib also led the state in sacks with a college-record 15.5.
- Barkley was named the massive ten network’s freshman of the year .
- 2014 season:
- Franklin’s first season . bookended with a couple of exciting victories for the nittany lions.
- With the pinstripe bowl win, Franklin became the 0.33 penn kingdom coach .
- Franklin guided the lions to a 4-zero .
James franklin training timeline:
- 2014-present day – penn nation (head educate)
- 2011-thirteen – vanderbilt (head instruct)
- 2008-10 – maryland
- (assistant head coach/offensive coordinator/quarterbacks)
- 2006-07 – kansas state
- (offensive coordinator/quarterbacks)
- 2005 – inexperienced bay packers (wide receivers)
- 2000-04 – maryland
- (extensive receivers/recruiting coordinator)
- 1999 – idaho country (huge receivers)
- 1998 – washington state
- (graduate assistant/tight ends)
- 1997 – james madison (extensive receivers)
- 1996 – east stroudsburg
- (graduate assistant/secondary)
- 1995 – kutztown university (huge receivers)